Where is the Co-op?
Our Kensington Rd. store is located on the Eastside of Syracuse, in the Westcott Neighborhood. Our Salina St. store is located in Downtown Syracuse. Please see our Locations page for more info.
Do I need to be a member to shop at the Co-op?
No you don’t. The Co-op is “open to the public”. All are welcome to shop at our store.
Do you carry vegetarian/vegan and gluten free foods?
What is a food Co-op?
A Co-op is an organization that exists to serve the needs of the people who use it. Since we’re a food Co-op, we exist to provide healthy, organic, local, and alternative food products to our community of shoppers and owners as well as conventional food products. If you’re interested in learning about the Cooperative movement, check out the Rochdale Society of Equitable Pioneers and the very first co-op store in 1844 on Toad Lane in Rochdale, England.
Why is the Co-op a great place with which to be associated?
Because we care about our community. We’re a collection of over 4,800 invested member/owners plus non-member shoppers who support local farmers and producers, invest in eco-friendly healthy products, and contribute to community health and wellness.
How do I become a co-op member?
What are the benefits of being a member of the Co-op?
One of the benefits of being an owner is that it is the best way to ensure
that your Co-op continues to meet your needs. Other benefits are:
- A voice and a vote in the Co-ops decisions
- Eligibility to run for our Board of Directors
- Eligibility to participate in owner committees
- Quarterly issues of The New Leaf
- Access to special ordering, so you can purchase items at discount prices
- Special Owner only sales
- Discounts at businesses who participate in our Community Connections program
- Access to special owner events such as farm tours, movie nights, potlucks and more!
How do I become a vendor for the Co-op?
Open 7 days a week
8am – 9pm
Closed on some holidays, please call